Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, August 12, 2005

64 Days Till My Cru-u-uis

My mom and I are taking a cruise to the Bahamas in October. I cannot wait. This will be the first cruise for both of us. My father and my husband are not cruise kind of guys. They don't like shows and activities as much as just laying around and maybe eating a lot. So my mom and I are leaving the men at home and going into the sunset, drink in one hand and big, fat sandwich in the other.

Anyone who knows me well is probably thinking, "You and your mom? Aren't you going to kill each other?"

See, my mom and I are working on our relationship. We didn't have the best one when I was growing up and once I left home for good it kinda got worse. We've both changed as people and we came to realize that if we were going to have a relationship, we were both going to have to work at it. It hasn't been a cake-walk, but I've been pleased with the results.

It's different when it's the two of us. My father and sister can't stand confrontation or arguing, even if it's lighthearted. Nothing else exists when my nephew is around. My mother is stressed when she's around her family, and she's pissy around my dad's family. Her and I on a boat for five days - we might actually be able to talk. Although neither one of us is looking forward to traipsing around on the beach in a bathing suit. Cabana boy, another Mai-Tai!

5 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

I'm sorry, but can't Jason and your Father lay around and do nothing on a cruise as well? I belive it is a perfectly acceptable option.

Of course, in my opinion, that would be a waste of money, so its just as well it's just you and your mom.

10:45 PM  
Blogger xodiaq said...

Maybe you should be glad you guys aren't CLOSE close... on our Honeymoon cruise there were these 3 ladies just ahead of us to leave the boat at St. Maarten and were SOOO excited about "3 generations of so-and-so girls going to Orient Beach". Which, if ya didn't know, is a full–nude beach on the French side of the island.

So, maybe just sitting around with drinks isn't such a bad level to be at...

10:29 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I don't do nude unless I'm getting paid for it...er, I mean, well, for being a model. Not that I've had a lot of offers these days.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

soooooo are you saying that your boy pays you for the nude-type specialities... ?

6:09 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Not my boy, but he does enjoy them.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home