Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, August 08, 2005

Glad it's finally over!

The Wedding Show finally aired. Thank God, now I can stop explaining to people that just because FOX filmed our wedding doesn't mean that I control the network. People don't seem to understand that FOX doesn't consult with each and every person they put on their channel about each and every decision they make regarding a certain show. It doesn't go down like that. I signed away all rights when I took their money. End of story.

I was nervous as a virgin on a pirate ship when the show came on. I mean, it was called "America's Trashiest Wedding," there was a lot to be nervous about. Our wedding was the first one they taped for this show, then going under the name "America's Wildest, Weirdest, and Trashiest Weddings." They changed the name about 7 months after our filming. My husband is an editor, we knew they would have to make our wedding fit into the theme of things. They did their worst, but I was glad to see that they didn't really have that much to work with.

We were the Halloween wedding. So, there it was, our 15 minutes of fame. It could have been worse.

Okay, so I came across as a bossy, bitchy Bridezilla, but I didn't kick my sister's ass at my bachelorette party or come across as a dick-whipped pushover to my husband. I happen to think that our wedding had the most personality and class. I mean, there was a wedding based on Part-a-Potty's! Although, now that I think about it, that couple did look pretty darn happy. Not like the poor bride in the Hunter's wedding. She looked miserable and embarrassed.

Seeing the footage from my husband's Bachelor party was worth the two years of constant questions and nagging. My mild-mannered, laid-back, cheery husband was turned into a loud, foul-mouthed ogre. Now I know why he doesn't drink. At the wedding he was back to his old self, flubbing up the vows and looking so darn cute doing it.

I wish they would have shown more of the guests. What they didn't show was my grandmother falling in the park during the pictures and breaking her shoulder, thus missing the ceremony all together. When it happened, both camera men shoved their camera's in her face. The next shot they got was my sneering face telling both of them to get the fuck off. I really thought that would have made the cut, but I'm glad they didn't add it in. My grandmother would have been really embarrassed. Oh yeah, they just HAD to show me bonking my head against a hanging lamp. I damn near lost consciousness, that lamp was the old, thick, heavy kind.

All in all, it was great to see our best day again. I looked pretty foxy, and my Baby looked so cute. I just wish more people could have seen it. A lot of people don't have the FOX Reality Channel. We taped it and will be making copies for our loved ones. I wonder if I'll ever be out somewhere and have someone come up to me and say, "Hey, aren't you that trashy wedding girl?" Ah, fame.

2 Comments:

Blogger xodiaq said...

DAMNIT!!!
I totally forgot about it! I really wanted to see it!

Any idea if they're going to replay it??

3:27 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

No replay, but a friend of ours is trying to get it on the Net. If so, I'll post the address. Not a lot of people get that channel, Torren, so don't feel bad. I'll keep ya posted.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home