Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Good news, good news

On the FOX reality channel, FOXRC, there is going to be a wedding show on this Saturday, 8/6, called "America's Trashiest Weddings." When my husband and I agreed to be on the show, it was called "America's Wildest Weddings." I'm not at all happy about the name change, but I signed away my rights to bitch when I signed the contract.

Taping a reality show is an interesting experience. It's weird having cameras following you around all the time and having to think about the mic pack clipped to your back. We filmed for three days and after that last day I was glad to see the camera's gone. I can't imagine what the people on a show like "The Real World" or "The Bachelor" must feel like. The crew was very nice. We even met the head of September Films, the company producing the show. Everyone was very nice and easy-going.

But there were times when I said or did something, or someone else said or did something, that I thought to myself, "Oh, God, I hope that's not on the show." You have no control over what the editors do once all the footage is shot. They can put anything on the air and there isn't a darn thing you can do about it. This scares me. How am I going to come across? Are they going to make me look bad? Did they catch me puking my guts out after the wedding was over? Oh God, why did I agree to do this?

I don't think my wedding was trashy. Weird, maybe, unique definitely, but not trashy. So I didn't have the typical white dress, bone china wedding that everyone else has. So what? I didn't get married barefoot in a mu-mu with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth and a child in a dirty diaper hanging off my hip. To me, that's trashy. I did the best I could.

Actually, screw it, I'm happy with the way our wedding turned out. It wasn't perfect, but it was darn close. I was surrounded by my friends and family and everyone had a good time. Some of my co-workers still talk about it when we get together. It's an interesting story and our wedding album is like no other out there. And I did it, I made it all come to life. I knew what I wanted and I made it happen. If a bride can't be happy with that, then she can't be happy with her wedding.

The wedding wasn't even the most important thing, the fact that I married my best friend was. It was a celebration of our love for each other, and our love isn't like any other. I'm not the white wedding dress kind of gal, and my man isn't the tux sort of guy. We're just a couple of screwballs lucky enough to have found each other. I love you, honey...

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

I hate them for changing the title. And now that this show seems to be really be coming out and considering all the stupid "reality" shows I've seen since then, I'm a bit aprehensive.

I just know they will have a shot of me scratching my nose or butt but it will look like I'm picking it (either one)

OH WELL! It ought to be fun all the same.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

With a name like "Trashiest Weddings," I imagine it will not be the most flattering representation of our nuptuals. I'm already feeling betrayed, but I'm keeping a possitive attitude that it will be in fun and not cruel.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home