Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It's Killing Time

I'm all for killing. I know this is a pretty rash statement, but if an animal or a man (same thing?) deserves to die, then let the killing commence. However, I do not believe in killing just for killing's sake. I'll explain.

My husband is trying to catch the damn groundhog that is making swiss cheese of our front yard. First he tried filling the holes with cement. The groundhog simply dug new holes. He tried plugging the holes with timber. The groundhog pushed the timber out. Now it is personal, Honey wants to kill that groundhog more than anything else right now. So his father managed to get a trap for him and the last few days it has been sitting in various locations around our house, empty save for a half can of stinky tuna.

This morning the Great White Hunter trapped a possum. Scrawny little thing, it sits on our back deck trying to figure out how to get out of the cage. It is driving our cat crazy. I put a towel over the cage so our kitty would shut-up and because the poor thing is nocturnal. The sun would burn its eyes out before we get home tonight. Also, it's going to be 97 degrees today and there is no shade back there. Honey wants to kill it. I don't think he should.

What has that possum done to my husband? It's not the one burrowing underneath our home. It's not the one mocking my husband at every turn. It's a poor possum who was trying to get a snack in the middle of the night. I think he should let it go. Sure, possums are mean little bitches, but they will stay away from us and much as we stay away from them. They're just trying to live. It would be killing for killing's sake and I don't like it.

A friend of my mother's is nursing a possum back to health, so they have to have some redeeming quality or she wouldn't waste her time.

Don't kill it honey, save it for the groundhog. You're not a malitious, vengeful, blood-thirsty sadist like I am. Save yourself and let it go!

1 Comments:

Blogger xodiaq said...

All of a sudden I have visions of Bill Murray from "Caddyshack" going through my head... Whatever you do, keep the dynamite and C4 away from him!!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home