Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Three letters - P. M. S.

To my dear husband - I knew it. I KNEW IT!

For all you men out there who are in a serious relationship with a woman, there is something you need to understand. Inside all of us lives a little monster that, about every 28 days, grows into a raging demon for which we have no control. Hey, them's the breaks. We don't like it any more than you. It's horrible feeling like a live volcano and standing by helplessly watching our mouths spew forth obscenities and accusations. And here's the kicker, we don't know what's going to set it off. It could be something major, or something so mind-numbingly stupid it's ridiculous.

I know my husband loves me, but last night I could have kicked him. Hard. Why? Because he was irritating me. I know he loves me. I know he cares for me, and that's why he asks questions, but last night I had a very hard time keeping my mouth shut and my fist away from his face.

I turned the TV off and he asks, "Oh, are you going to bed?"
No, I think, I'm going to turn the TV off and sit in the dark for a while, that okay with you?

Then I walk towards the kitchen and he says, "I already fed the cat." Outside, I say, "I know." Inside I'm saying good for you, asshole, because I'm checking to make sure the back door is locked. That okay with you?

Then I go into the spare for something and my husband so kindly points out that I'm looking in the pile of dirty clothes and not the clean. Outside I say, "I know." Inside I'm saying, well, my fucking lip balm wouldn't be in the clean clothes, now would it? Leave me the fuck alone and stop assuming you know what I'm doing every fucking minute of the fucking day. I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY ACTIONS TO YOU!!

It took all I had to keep my mouth shut. It wasn't me feeling hostile, it was the monster inside. It wants to come out and bite heads off. It wants to point out each and every stupid thing other people do. It wants to rip the dick off any male that has the audacity to talk to me. It wants a Dove chocolate bar and a pint of mint ice cream.

Men, we try to fight this demon, but sometimes it wins. Sometimes it completely takes over and you're just going to have to deal with that. It's not personal... unless you make it personal. There is something you need to remember and this may save you some heartache. You can not win a fight against the demon. Oh, you may think you've won, but trust, that demon is filing away everything you've said and done and will use it at a later date. It's malicious, unfair, and cruel. It doesn't play by the rules and it has no idea was rational means. And it will not die until the host goes through menopause. Hopefully, after about 7 days, your girl will return and appologize for anything the demon has done.

I hope this helps.

3 Comments:

Blogger xodiaq said...

I apologize for anything I may have done, said or thought earlier, before that, now, or in the recent to far future.

Just to be safe.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

I don't know if it helps... but I'm definatelay afraid.... even though you are hundreds of miles away...

8:18 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

I'm much better now...I got my demon some ice cream and a Big Kat.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home