Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'm a Shooting Star!

My professor asked me to read my paper to the entire class last night. Here's the title: Pay No Attention to That Bitch Behind the Curtain: An Analysis of Fanny Dashwood. No one else was asked. I am feeling quite snotty about it. He also said it was publishable. That blew me away. I never considered publishing a college paper. It may not mean much to others, but to me it's gold.

My professor is a wonderful man, and I'm not just saying that in light of recent events. I thought he was wonderful after I took my first class with him. He honestly loves the written word. He can't get enough. The man is sooo smart and soooo full of good humor, it's impossible not to fall in love with the guy. Plus, he personally knows a ton of published authors. We'll read a story and he'll tell us about a night out with the author. (Not in this class because most of the authors are dead.) If I could spend an evening picking his brain it would probably change my life. I owe this man a lot.

Gush, gush, enough of that. Back to the real world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home