Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, February 27, 2006

Wax on, Wax off off off off off off off

You know those candle warmers? The ones that look like coffee cup warmers but can melt an entire jar candle in about three hours? We got one of those for Christmas last year and have loved it since the first time we plugged it in. Sat. night hubby put a brand new candle on that sucker and it melted to the very brim with Berry goodness. Until I knocked it over by rounding off the table with my knee.

Wax everywhere. On the floor, the couch, the slip-cover, the table, and our wedding album, a six-prong extention cable, and a speaker wire. So there I was at 11pm on my knees with a butter knife scraping and scraping until I couldn't scrape any more. Sunday afternoon honey and I spent an hour ironing the wax out of the slip-cover. I have developed a strong hatred of Berry. If I smell Berry anymore I may just puke. I have to get a leather cleaner to finish off our album, but there wasn't any damage.

Hint - when you spill wax on fabric grab a newspaper and tear it into halves. Turn your iron on hot and turn the steam off. Put paper on wax stain, iron for about 5 seconds, remove, repeat. It's amazing how well this works. Our slip cover still feels a bit stiff where the spill was, but to look at it you'd never know. Thanks, honey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Sounds like you had a BERRY good time!!!!

Now that you're done I'll bet you feel more happy and CHERRY.

Fine.. so puns aren't that GRAPE... ORANGE you glad I don't have anymore?!?!?!

Hey, that newspaper to remove wax tip sounds pretty cool... I'm gonna spill some wax on Mrs. Th Hun's favorite clothes and try it out.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

When she kicks you out of the house you can come stay with us.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home