Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thank You Very Much

I'm so glad that there is now research into what I've been saying about kids all along.

I've told people this world is raising spoiled brats. I've told my family how raising a child to think his shit doesn't stink isn't a good thing for the future. I've had many conversations about the way college students act today compared to years ago, and now I finally have proof!

HA! I wasn't just talking out of my ass, huh? I wasn't just being a little anti-social or bitchy. I have a valid point.

Now we just need a study to tell the parents of these narcissistic teens it's their fault.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

How funny. I read tyour blog yesterday (didn't have time to post though) and this morning i was listening to The Young Turks and they started talking about the article you mentioned.

And of course, to your post i say "Right on!"

Even on American Idol (they made some sort of mention of that in the article) you can see that BS sense of we are all special, from the initial try outs to the elimintaion of the fianlists.

Those poor deluded people who audition and sound HORRIBLE but think they are good because their friends and family tell them they are. And then they can't believe it when they are flat out turned down and told they have no talent and will NEVER have it.

Later the people who have talent and who have made it to whatever stage they are doing now... they do their song and its only so so. And when the judges, especially Simon tells them so the audience "Boos". What the hell is wrong with you dumb ass morons in the audience!? I guess ALL the finalists are SPECIAL and they ALL ARE WINNERS!

YAY!

Aside from the real world, American Idol underscores what you've said on this.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Vindicated! I feel much better now, thanks.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home