Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Barbarian Stock

Grrrr, you can't keep me down! We barbarians are made of sterner stuff! I do not have to have surgery on my knee.

I have a level II tear in my MCL, and the bones that keep the knee together are bruised. I have the next two weeks to stretch it out and get it up to speed while still wearing my knee brace. After that I go back to the doctor and we'll see where I go from there.

I want to be on skates in 4 weeks. I told my doctor this and he said, "We'll see." I know not to mess with knee injuries. I have to get this healed before I can skate, I know this. But I am so damn stubborn and impatient that I will work this knee and get what I want.

I am Barbarian, hear me roar!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

Yay! No surgery! I'll bet you can skate by then. Just don't try to push it and hurt yourself worse. We have some serious fun going on in May and I'd rather not have to push you around in a wheelchair! (However if I do have to then I'll just be jealous because I can't get drunk sitting down like you can!)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

We'll get an electric wheelchair and you can ride on back!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home