Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Frustrated

Well, I'm beating, beating, beating a dead horse.
Telling it to wake up and get back on course.
- Suri O'Killer

My grandmother is in Alabama visiting my mom and dad. She has absolutely nothing to go back home to in Kentucky, yet she insists she can't stay longer than two weeks with my family. "I have bills to pay," she says. Yep, like those can't be paid from Alabama. I know getting online to pay bills would push my grandmother into an early grave, but the US Postal Service runs in all 50 states, bills in KY can be paid from AL.

But there is no convincing her. When she's made up her mind it's made, no matter how illogical or irrational it may be. I hope I'm never like that. I like to think I can adapt to change pretty quickly. I see what is best for me and I do it. It may not be easy, but in the end I'll know it's what's best. My grandmother is alone, doesn't drive, doesn't have any friends, and her son can't take care of her 24/7. Moving in with my mom and dad, or at least stying with them for more than two weeks, would be a good thing for her. But she's stubborn. So be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home