Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Barbarian, Board of Directors?

I've been nominated for the Board of Directors for the derby league. I didn't know I was nominated until I was asked if I accepted. Wow! I don't know what to say, it's a big job. I accepted the nomination and voting started last night. I should know in a day or two if I'm a new Board member.

Last night was crazy at derby practice. We scrimmaged the whole three hours, and my body is paying for it. I tried my best. After the first 30 minutes I felt pretty down on myself. I wasn't performing to the best of my ability and I felt like I was letting my team down. I told them this and they all told me to go suck an egg. I was doing just fine and I needed to stop being such a perfectionist. That made me feel better, so I got out there after our break and tried to kick some ass. I did get a few good hits in, so there.

This weekend I am traveling to Fort Wayne, Indiana, for our first away game. It should be fun, I've never traveled to one of our away games before. Rooming with three other girls should be an interesting experience as well. Thank God it's only one night.

Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home