Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good Times


I went to my first away game this weekend. The Arch Rival Roller Girls took on the Bomb Squad of Fort Wayne, Indiana. We lost the game 70-72.

Most of our girls spent anywhere from 7 - 10 hours in a car, didn't get any warm-up time, barely had time to stretch, were faced with a confusing and somewhat biased referee team, and they still only beat us by two points. When we meet them again on our turf we are going to kick their asses.

Due to the flooding in Indiana our 6 hour car ride turned into a 9 hour car ride. Mayor Francis Slayer was skating in the bout, if she didn't show up by 7pm she was going to be replaced. She drove 105 mph for the last hour. We screeched to a stop in front of the venue just as the announcers were presenting the players. She made it just in time!

It was a hectic night of hurry up and get things done. I was selling merch, I barely had my table set up before fans wanted to buy things. It all went by so fast. We took full advantage of the after party, let me tell you! I haven't drank that much in years. It was so much fun to be in a crowded bar and know well over half the people there. I'm sure there are photos coming that I am going to cringe when seeing (they had poles, that's all I'm saying), but it was a great time. The photo above is me and Hells LaBelle, one of our awesome announcers. It was his first away game as well.

The ride home took 7 1/2 hours. I really hate Indiana right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home